Hardy JLH 7 Commemorative Reel£899.00 £650.00
This limited edition reel has been produced to commemorate the life of the late James Leighton Hardy. The JLH reel was introduced in 1991, the year before Jim retired and was a piece of classic design that reflected the exacting standards of its namesake.
The original range comprised six reels, ranging from a diminutive 2⅞" trout model to a mighty 4" salmon reel and it was one of the first reels that Hardy manufactured from bar-stock alloy, which made it possible to build light, but incredibly strong components which were perfectly matched to carbon fibre rods. The 1991 reel was the natural successor to the Lightweight range, built since 1936, and it brought the concept up-to-date with an exposed rim, optional left or right hand wind, and a reversible nickel-silver line guard. The range was so popular that it was updated several times, the most significant modifications being the introduction of a powerful disc drag in 2000 and a large arbour range in 2003.
- Limited edition of 85 numbered reels Based on James Leighton Hardy’s original ‘JLH’ (#7) design
- Wide ranging click check system
- Easily converted from left-hand to right-hand wind
- Unique commemorative engraving
- Wooden handle
- Stunning ‘Rose Gold’ finish
- Supplied in a Hardy block leather horseshoe reel case
- Hardy lifetime original owner warranty
For each product we ship, the delivery cost is charged at the market rate for that weight and size of shipment from Grantown-On-Spey. We use the most efficient Royal Mail service we can depending on the item being shipped.